View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 01:36 PM   #110
redlined600

Drives: Fr-s
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Finished the splitter, I'll have to get a video of install and removal. Much easier but it still required a bolt on each side near the tire.

Switched to Falken 660s this year. They seem similar to the RE71R but a little more progressive imo. Easy to drive

Took the car up to BIR for an event called the Proving Grounds. It's a standing start time attack. 1st in class and 12th overall behind a bunch of cars that all had 2-3x the power. I think this is the best the car has ever felt.

I have to do some more data analysis to understand if/how much the new splitter really made a difference. Overall lap times were not quicker but conditions were not optimal, 90* and a ~12mph headwind at the fastest part of the track. I was losing 3-5 mph there vs wing only and I don't trust that was only due to the splitter alone.

Unfortunately I had the wrong settings on the gopro so it's almost completely washed out. This is extra frustrating as this was my fastest run which was DQ'd for supposedly putting 2 wheels off. I would have loved trying to figure it out as I'm confident I didn't touch more than a blade or two of grass.

Road America in a couple weeks.