Old 02-07-2021, 10:51 PM   #7
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankslapper View Post
I just purchased a 2020 86 base as a track car, specifically to run in NASA/86 Cup time trials in the street class on road courses. I'm interested in an aftermarket suspension that is street-legal that provides best bang for the buck.
Specifically:

Budget $3500 or less, though I could be convinced to spend more if the performance gains are tangible

Prefer set it and forget it over having to tweak the settings constantly

I went through this same process on a BMW forum for a TT M3 a few years ago, and it was a total sheet show...hoping for a better experience here.

I'm hoping for some objective comparisons reflected in lap times or other verifiable metrics, as opposed to fan-boy arguments without any supporting data.

Thanks in advance!
You got a shitshow on the bmw because of how you're asking your question, and you'll likely get another one here, based on your post.

Can you quantify for us, your experience and prefernces, with lap times or other verifiable metrics, so that someone could potentially guide you without blindly guessing and making recommendations they have no place making?

What are YOUR metrics for "bang for the the buck"? What is your target NASA/86CUP class? What is your use case? Is this a daily driver? What kind of service interval do you want?

Your question is basically like a stranger coming up to you and saying, "what's the best car I can buy for $30,000?", with zero context or clue of their actual likes, dislikes, needs, not-needs, etc. Everyone will have a different opinion. Nobody will have data.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
gcmak (02-09-2021), Jdmjunkie (02-08-2021), Pat (02-08-2021), Tanstin (02-12-2021), therealstoly (02-08-2021), TommyW (02-07-2021)