brzaapi
CAR-AHOLIC

Drives: 2018 BRZ Ts - CWP
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
Don't ever call that shop again would be my feedback. You should be putting Cali piss water 91 octane in your car anyways and even on that you can get a turbo kit that builds boost prior to 3000 RPM. If you only plan to drive your car up to 4000 RPM, then you should probably go back to the dealer and get an iQ.

HAHAHa, Yes. Seriously OP, do not let this shop ever touch your BRZ/FRS. I couldn't believe the response you got from them.

Anyways, that being said. I would usually agree with the typical (take your time and then decide) route taken to modding a car. However, it is true the FRS/BRZ is already a balanced, well handling car. It is a perfect "blank canvas" platform to go in any direction you would like. I have done no suspension mods to mine ( I have upgraded rims/tires) and I now have an FBM(Full Blown Motorsports) turbo kit. I just got the car back and have ran two different maps on it(91 and E85). The car takes to the new speed very well. I was a little worried, but it really is a match made in heaven. I could go on, but there are some great build threads here. @KingTut (who responded to you above my post somewhere) has made a list of all known FBM turbo builds, mine included. Read through these, all of them to include FA20 Club, AVO etc etc. Then read them again and pay attention. Its not that you need more time with the car to realize it needs more power ( I only had mine 12 days before I dropped it off at FBM to get the work done), its that you need to review all the options thoroughly before you make a move. Measure twice and cut once, basically is what I am saying. I reviewed FI kits and wheel and tire choices for almost 6 months before I ever bought my BRZ. Mainly to make sure I was getting the correct platform, I was also considering an S2000 . The car is ready to be modded now in my opinion, just make sure you have checked all your options and have the funds to cover the path you choose. Good luck.
brzaapi is offline   Reply With Quote