View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #13
Ravine

Drives: Red FT-86 GTS Auto
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftFootBrake View Post
- Engine speeds. Very relaxed. I've set the rev indicator to 4000 revs and keeping it below that for the run-in.
- Sound system. Inferior to 2004 Mazda 3 SP23. Not in the same solar system as a Veloster.
- USB port next to start/stop button isn’t working with my iPhone (but the head unit one does, acting as a charger). But I need to read the manual before declaring this a problem.
-With regards to engine, I've been keeping it mostly under 4k but occassionally spurting it up to 6k so that the engine can experience the entire rev range during break in. Apparently it seals the piston rings or something, I don't know. I've done about 350km on mine so far. My question is, how did you set the rev indicator? Are you talking about the light?

-Sound system sucks. I agree. I bet they just ripped it straight out of the Yaris just like the sat nav which is also quite average compared to my iPhone's nav apps.

-Both my USB ports seem to work however it seems when you set up bluetooth, Bluetooth audio overides the iPod functionality so you can no longer use the iPod section on the console and it's forced to stream via Bluetooth. I've yet to test what sound quality differences there are but I'm assuming USB delivers higher fidelity. I haven't figured a way to get around this forced Bluetooth thing. Currently using a 4S.
Ravine is offline   Reply With Quote