View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 08:53 AM   #51
Baron_T

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Time constant definitions for transient timer?

Does anyone have a definition for the time constant on the lift-throttle retard timer? (I'm running a B01C / OFv3 beta based tune, though substantially modified.)

In my runs, I've seen frequent cases where the lift-throttle retard works as Tor just describes, but for not quite long enough, and then I get a knock correction event just as the advance returns toward normal. I'd really love to add another 20ms or so to that retard timer, particularly if it happened to be RPM dependent.

Throttle blips have also been problematic for me. For example: https://datazap.me/u/baront/log-1541...8-394&mark=348 Here the retard logic seems to be kicking in for the open-throttle stab, may or may not be continuing for the lift-throttle release, and then I get a knock correction event.

The steady-state advance tables that I'm running are pretty good, though I've made them a bit less aggressive than I could (for the steady-state) in order to partially work around the transient problems. But I'd personally prefer to address the transients though the transient mechanism instead.
Baron_T is offline   Reply With Quote