Old 03-29-2023, 03:18 PM   #35
Desertnate
Spelling Impaired

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited WR Blue
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Enthusiast View Post
I wouldn't call the new Tesla Roadster (if that is what you are referring to) a serious progress for driving enthusiasts - it would basically be a less practical Model S Plaid, with moar power and not a word on fun.
Yes, I was referring to the Tesla Roadster. I didn't say they were making progress or that it would be any good; only the fact they had talked about it. At this point in time I take everything Tesla says with a massive grain of salt and have very low expectations of the results.

Quote:
Also, Porsche seem pretty serious with the 718 EV and have so far offered the best driving mainstream EV (the Taycan). Lotus and Alpine are also promising fun EVs (with things like a "mid-engine" battery pack and continuation of lightweight aluminum chassis), but these are less concrete.
Good point on the 718, I'd forgotten that one. As for the Taycan, I consider that a really good EV sedan and not a sports car in the same vein as our 86's or a 718. A good car, yes, but it's rather large.

I also forgot about Lotus and hadn't heard Alpine as going to do a EV successor to the A110, but in my mind, both produce such low numbers I don't really categorize them as "mainstream". I tend to lump Lotus into the same category as Aston, Ferrari, and others. Not because of the cost of their vehicles, but more because of their rarity on the roads.
Desertnate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Desertnate For This Useful Post:
Ohio Enthusiast (03-29-2023)