View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 02:04 AM   #223
mistople

Drives: 2017 BRZ (Sold), 2023 GR86
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I took the car for one final supercharged drive today and dropped it off at Chase Race to have the JRSC removed. No time to do it myself with everything going on.

I think I've said enough about it my likes/dislikes of the kit, but I think in the end, even if I had gotten the oil/engine temps into a more comfortable range, I still preferred the NA experience with this car. I tried two tunes and numerous revisions, but I just never quite settled with how the throttle response felt and how I never felt like I could really wring the car by its neck. It's hard to explain. I guess it just didn't feel as happy to rev out with the SC. As a result, I wasn't having as much fun with the car, on and off the track.

Again, YMMV. I wouldn't go FI again if I could go back in time.

I'm also having the STi engine mounts and Whiteline subframe inserts + diff insert installed. I'm hoping it makes the rear end feel a bit more connected to the car. I've always felt a bit unsettled by the how the rear end reacts on the limit or when it steps out. Very curious to see if the subframe inserts in particular help with that given the many reviews I've read about them.

I'm also having a steering rack dust boot replaced since a header leak from last season obliterated it among some other small fixes.

What's next? I know I'll need some new rotors soon. Any suggestions on a new pad to try? I'm moving on from the Winmax W5. Just looking forward to seat time this year. And less time under the car in the pits

First wash of the year! Excuse the crappy cell phone photo.
mistople is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mistople For This Useful Post:
beltax90 (03-16-2020), Elliotw (03-16-2020), HachiRokuX (03-16-2020), new2subaru (03-16-2020), Racecomp Engineering (03-18-2020), weederr33 (03-20-2020)