Old 04-02-2021, 12:27 PM   #5
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phunky.buddha View Post
I don't have a gear indicator? I assume I can adjust ratios to get accurate speed/distance in an ECUTek program, is that right? Power target is 400 crank, which seems to be a good semi-agressive semi-safe number on 93 octane with an Edelbrock. We'll see.

Thanks for the data point! What were your alignment settings? So you were effectively at +31 offset... which means 275/40 will probably fit too on a +40 with a similar alignment, assuming enough clearance towards the center of the car.

I don't want to go very low- want more room for the suspension to work, maintain close to original geometry, plus clearance for daily driving. Plus to me the perfect stance is an even gap all around the tire, not zero clearance at the top of the fender and widening out as you go down.
I just found the spec it was 17x9 +45 with 4mm spacer in rear so effectively +41. +40 would probably be good too though. 17x8 +35 with 225 tire in front.

The rear does have a lot more clearance space than the front, I do think some people have successfully fit a 275/35R17 in the rear. However the main paint for clearance isn't the outside fender especially on stock ride height and you can add a little camber for clearance there if needed, and roll fenders etc... The main clearance point is the spring perch for inside wheel clearance. I think most people switched to coils because they are skinnier and allow for more clearance for the 275 tire, I believe on stock strut 255 is the widest you should run in rear.

I am almost positive you could fit the 255/45r17 in the rear you wanted initially however make sure you get equal diameter in the front. I believe that would be 225/50R17, being on stock ride height should also help fender clearance with that larger diameter, but you may need/want to run a slight amount of camber to be safe.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote