View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
SCharged

Drives: asphalt fr-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Just about ready to move on...

As some other recent posts, I'm just about ready to put the FR-S behind me. I love the car, the way it drives, the looks, philosophy behind it, equipment, etc.

However, I can't believe the number of small but very frustrating issues I have been having with the car. I'm not sure of my build date, but I just got the car last May.

Here's my list:

-Rough idle, bogging and stalling.
-Crickets, fixed once, came back within 100km.
-various rattles
-rear deck popping
-clutch throwout bearing noise (I think that's what it is)
-AC issues.

I know some of these problems are very common.. which does not make them acceptable, to the contrary actually, it makes it worst...

I'm not one to complain about every little thing in a car, I understand it's a machine and that it is being put under a huge a mount of stress on a daily basis, let alone in track duty. But in my work, if I presented such a flawed product as final, I would be fired.

I bought a new car, and am absorbing a great amount in depreciation and I don't think it's too much to expect not to have to go to the dealership every month for a new problem, and to get an old problem re-fixed...

I bought with Toyota expecting Toyota reliability.. Had I known, I would've probably gone another route.

Thing is the car is freaking addicting, and I can't imagine giving it away.. and most problems are not noticeable unless I'm stopped and idling, which I do a lot.

I'll give it another chance, send it to the dealer to get it all fixed, and if anything else comes up too soon for my taste, I think I'll have to trade it in.. Also, I would'nt be surprised if they tell me clutch bearing is not covered under warranty, which would make me ''disappointed''.

All this and I'm at less than 10K km. Meanwhile my matrix xrs sits in the driveway at 110K km with nothing going wrong.. and my borther's A3, 130K km *boooooo Audi reliability*.. guess what, nothing either..
SCharged is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SCharged For This Useful Post:
ExtremeAutowerks (10-03-2013), Gixxer86 (09-24-2013), ravenblackfrs (09-25-2013), Wolfking (09-24-2013)