View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 01:13 PM   #93
groovymoonbear

Drives: ‘22 CWP BRZ LTD 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossman View Post
Thanks for posting your experience! Initially I had a lot of trouble pairing my new iphone to the car but now that part works great, it just drops out periodically for like 30-60seconds, then recovers
I have the same issues with CarPlay - I work for Apple and unfortunately this is one of the symptoms of a bunch of different companies having different head units and them being designed to work with ALL iPhones.

Silver lining is that for a Subaru, 30-60 seconds of it cutting out every now and then is better than my Forester which would randomly disconnect and would not reconnect unless you turned the vehicle on / off.

If you’re noticing the CarPlay issue happening more often, it could be a runtime issue with your iPhone so I’d recommend trying to turn it off for about a minute then power it back on - this resets the cache of the devices firmware. Maybe turn it on / off once a day while brushing your teeth and I haven’t had it drop out within the last week - not a guarantee but has worked for me.
groovymoonbear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to groovymoonbear For This Useful Post:
Rossman (01-07-2022)