Old 10-26-2020, 06:56 AM   #20
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWDWeekend View Post
I went ahead and attached the photo from the day I took it home..

Can't go wrong with a Challenger, I think they look fantastic. The front end on the newest generation is perfect. I love the amber running lights and the way the grille is set back under the hood.

You've got a point on muscle cars going away.. they'll all probably become more of the 'pony car' that the Mustang and the Camaro has evolved into (better handling specifically. Camaro takes the trophy on handling as they feel much smaller than their curb weight would have you think).
The Mustang and Camaro did not "evolve" into Pony cars they just went back to their roots. The term "Pony car" came from the Mustang in the first place. They did sort of head into Muscle car territory for a bit but never truly warranted that definition even at their closest point.
A Challenger on the other hand was always a Muscle car even though they tried to slot it into the Pony class for a bit. The only Mopar I personally would ever call a Pony car would be the Duster and they did away with those beauties a long long time ago.