View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 08:07 PM   #1184
grumpysnapper

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam86 View Post
The Harrop kit isn’t cheap, and as I said my expectations are based off the figures they claim and compared to other kits. Don’t know why they would claim 225kw (crank) for their carb tune, SC kit on 98 with stock exhaust when the reality is 160kw at the wheels with headers? Obviously it’s crank vs wheel and different dynos but that’s a huge difference. If I paid $12K aud for their kit that claims 250kw (headers and e85 included) and the reality was I was making 260-270 hp I’d want my money back

The small Sprintex SC kit is considered fairly underpowered yet 260-300 wheel seems to be what I’ve seen people getting stock with e85, and the kits much cheaper.
Vortech SC gets around 320 wheel on stock with e85, and from some research 300-350 seems to be what most people claim wth the Eldebrock SC kit- stock motor/ pulley with e85.

I’m not chasing huge numbers but I was never given the indication that you had to go all out just to make 290-300.
I haven't seen that claim of 225kw crank, I've only seen the dyno they issued showing 182kw at the wheels (98).
The 166kw I was originally getting, was within a realistic ball park given a significantly (hotter) ambient test temp , a different dyno and a reasonably conservative tune.

The other thing is the internet.... "claims" vs reliability vs drivability vs reality...
grumpysnapper is offline   Reply With Quote