View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 06:40 AM   #33
86joe

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
So the car is finished up. On a mustang dyno that I baselined stock at 153whp, I made 350whp on E85 at 15psi at 7450rpm with the RS Upgrade. This is in Texas in about 50 degree weather when tuned. Car made around 295whp on 93. Lots of timing pulled out obviously. Lots of people say this dyno reads low but with the 153whp baseline Id say its a pretty accurate reading. My motor is built but with stock CFM so no ported heads or cams. I dont think the RS will make 400 on anything but a Dynapak dyno. The car feels fantastic and the power is very impressive for a rotrex so the actual number is irrelevant to me at the end of the day. The extra torque coming on sooner is noticeable over the HBP. I understand all setups and environments are different but IDK where Jackson is seeing 17psi. Also Im not so sure a better intercooler would be worth it. Based on the temps we saw when tuning, theres a little to be desired in terms of cooling but I dont think the power gain would be worth the money spent. May be better to just use the C38-91 as it would just bolt right in and run more power that way. Either way, these were the results I saw with my 12.5:1 motor, E85, catless bolt ons, and the 90mm RS pulley.
86joe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 86joe For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (02-07-2019), JonAvalon (02-07-2019)