View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 02:20 PM   #74
Jordan Silveira

Drives: 2016 Subaru Series.HyperBlue #631
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay88 View Post
Tuning is the main reason the only few kits i'm aware of have gone to full Motec ECU's.
It's just way faster/easier for a tuner to modify on the fly and takes a lot out of tuning budget, but you end up paying for it with the price of the Motec unit.
Having the OEM TB control the linkage is the easiest way to get over the DBW system, short of creating a bespoke controller.
These kits aren't half baked, it just comes with the territory of ITB's. They're never just plug and play.
Thanks for the comment RayRay88. In hindsight I figured I should have touched upon Motec in the original post but admittedly I figured most wouldn't even know about Motec and be confused about an alternative ECU for our cars. I on the other hand am fully aware of the need to go with a Motec ECU and as you are surely aware, a Motec ECU for our cars goes for about damn near double the ITB kits for these cars. Not to mention of course the tuning that must come on top of that. I totally concur and agree that the OEM TB linkage is necessary to achieve the DBW feel. However, I stand by saying it's a half baked kit. I say that because I think it's a fair judgement to say to the manufactures of these kits that no one would really prefer to use the plenum included and instead, they'd want velocity stacks. Yet, not one of them includes velocity stacks and they know damn well tuning is going to be a nightmare and yet still advertise it as a plug and play kit (under the use of the plenum of course). Anyway, hope that makes sense and I truly appreciate you taking the time to read that long post and comment your thoughts.