Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking

1) Anonymous
2) 0650
3) Crystal Black
4) Ontario, Canada

5a) Story:
Totalled my BMW. Was looking for a new experience. Wanted a unique looking car that is even more fun to drive. Also wanted something easily hackable in terms of mods + electronics.

5b) Plans
Typical mods: this is my first time modding a car, I'm learning from this forum + Google + YouTube. Probably going to get OFT tune > header > header/cat back exhaust > air filter. Then supercharge it once I've had enough of the 205hp feel. Just looking to get rid of the torque dip and have a nice sound for now until I start craving that 300WHP+ push again.

Oh... and upgrade the sound system once I'm sick of listening to the car.

Custom mods/hacking: looking to build my own internal computer in the car, and add some features that can be built easily with sensors + small computer chip:
  • A head unit that I would actually use. With a Linux distro or Android. (I just use Carplay/Android Auto now.. Subaru HU is trash)
  • Front + rear parking proximity sensors in the custom HU
  • 360 camera view, or at least automatic tilting side mirror to avoid scuffing rims while parallel parking
  • GPS tracking via custom mobile app
  • Remote start via custom mobile app; with help of security bypass + clutch bypass
  • Roll up/down windows via mobile app
  • + anything else I can think of adding / automating / improving as I'm working on the car
Attached Images

TOtS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TOtS For This Useful Post:
Lonewolf (06-09-2019)