Old 09-18-2019, 09:26 PM   #1301
Will BRZ
Damn that's crazy...

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feistyfrog View Post
First akward moment after 5 months with my 86. I've had the usual "what car is this?" and the "is it fast, it looks fast" a couple of times, like every other twin owner.

But today, I closed my store at 6PM and went in the alley in the back to get to my car. There were 3 kids (about 8 or 9 years old, I don't know) starring at my car. It took a while for them to see me so I could hear them talking. It was in french, but was something like: "I'm sure it is one, my brother knows about them, we should go get him".

I thought they were fan of the twins and his brother was older, so he knows "things". This is where it became weird...

I get to my car, they see me (they are like 5 feet from me) and they stare but don't talk. I'm a nice gentlement, who hates akward silence, so I say hello, get in and start the car.

Then, one of them knocks on my window and looked very excited. I drop down the window and he said:"Nice Ferrari sir!". The other two started talking all at the same time and in lots of confusion I heard things like:"How fast do it go?" or "How much do it cost?" or "Can you escape police cars?". I was just laughing out loud because they looked so impressed to be beside such an exotic car, for them at least. I just couldn't crush their excitement with the truth that it's a Toyota and it's priced about the same as their mom's car.

I asked them about school and told them to keep studying so they could afford their dream car one day and I left with these three looking in total admiration.

So, I feel bad for not telling the truth to kids but at the same time I feel like it doesn't really matter. We all got a good time out of it and they have a good story for school tomorrow.

Am I a bad person because of that?
Lol great story. I mean it's not like you lied or anything lol you just didn't tell the whole truth. Now if they go and find out the truth and come back to see you...
Will BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Will BRZ For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (09-18-2019)