Old 03-03-2020, 02:26 AM   #24
Go Frogs

Drives: '19 WRX Base in Lapis Blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROFL it's Waffle View Post
Having come from a healthy modded 2017 WRX, I took a stock GT86 for a test drive and had equal or more fun in the 86. Most of my fun happens between 30 and 50mph. Any faster and I have to concentrate more, and it's harder to recover from sudden environment changes at faster speeds. As long as it has a clutch pedal.
Agreed, must have 3 pedals...

Well, 7 months on and the WRX is doing ok, I guess. I think the conti DWS-06 tires I put on it for winter use have negatively affected the car in the steering vibration and road noise departments. Temps in the teens and snow covered roads in SW OH prompted the switch off of summer rubber.

I still would like to have been in a BRZ, but at the end of 2019, pickings were slim and I did NOT want the silver BRZ on the dealer lot. Plus, the wife persisted in having a more usable, easily accessible back seat on the occasional occasions I have to transport our 8 yo (in a booster) somewhere like school or out shopping during "mommy time".

The WRX is definitely not a BRZ and although the WRX has many positives, it lacks a lot of the BRZs charms (like communication and oneness with the driver). I think the stereo would still sound like crap, but the car would be more fun to drive and possibly not as big of a concern, plus 7400 redline...

The seat in the WRX feels too high and I really haven't found a "perfect" seating position, even after 7 months. Seat height and limited adjustments "(base model) don't favor those who are slightly less than "normal" inseam sizes.

Dear SoA, what petition do I need to sign to bring the LeVorg 2.0t 6spd to North America?
Go Frogs is offline   Reply With Quote