View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 02:37 PM   #48
JBezugs
Good Job Subaru!

Drives: Green '17 BRZ Sport-Tech MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Had an absolute blast at Shannonville Pro with Ontario Time Attack on Saturday! I just went for lapping since it's my first time on track proper with my BRZ since it was stock back in 2017. PS4S's meant I was getting point-by's in the 1st session with a wet track, but as the track started to dry up, my hand was out the window for a good portion of the other 2 sessions with everyone else on 200TW tires .

Coming from a karting and sim-racing background where I am fairly quick, it was a humbling experience. The guys that compete in OTA are FAST. There's definitely a learning curve in terms of confidence in the car on track, particularly in the brakes. I know I was under-utilizing them a fair amount and braking quite earlier than I needed to, but like all other driving endeavors I've been a part of, confidence will come with seat time.

The Greddy Oil Cooler did not skip a beat. The highest temps I saw were ~95C (~203F) during the hottest part of the morning, which was 28C according to my car's temp gauge (~82F). When ambient was hovering around 22-23C, it stayed right at or just below 90C (194F). The Tein Flex Z's with the alignment settings were awesome as well - felt very neutral. Turned them up mildly to 5 clicks from full stiff (I run 7 from full on the street).

Ahead of the track day, I installed a set of Endless MX72 pads with Endless RF650 fluid. They have been silent (!!!) on the street, but have excellent pedal feel (the best I've felt in a road car, and I've driven tons of different stuff, from basic to exotic) and held up incredibly well to my admittedly mild abuse on track. I'm sure as I gain more confidence, they will still be able to do their job perfectly with the PS4Ses. If you're looking to buy a good hybrid street/track pad, these are the ones to get.

If anyone is on the fence about attending an OTA event, do it! It's incredibly well-organized, properly marshaled, and a very safe environment to get your track fix, whether just for lapping like me (for now) or competing! Everyone was very friendly and forthcoming in answering any questions or concerns I had, and were super welcoming to a novice like myself.

Last edited by JBezugs; 08-31-2020 at 04:53 PM.
JBezugs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JBezugs For This Useful Post:
HachiRokuX (08-31-2020), ihavefat (09-17-2023), juenedgi (10-24-2022), LancePower (08-31-2020), MrSkubi (08-31-2020)