strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,479 Times in 4,998 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver86 View Post
Sorry, none of that changes the fact that the majority of people who try E0 find their chirps gone.

It doesn't work for some, but it does work for most you have tried it. I never said it was a "magic bullet" but clearly its more effective than having the pump changed or whining about it.
It's as effective as effective as having the pump changed and as effective as ignoring it until it goes away on it's own, those seem to be the three options that have lead to a quiet engine bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanFRS View Post
Nope, now that Skullworks took a pump apart and gave his ESTIMATION of what was causing it, all evidence that doesn't support his theory gets thrown out the window.
Considering he's the only person to post something other than "I tried this and that happened" it's got a bit more weight than any other arm-chair quarter-backing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver86 View Post
Which is sad because I've demonstrated E0 removing the chirp over and over again.
Over and over again with a non-100% success rate does not a solution make. And saying "well you must have done it wrong" does not magically return E0 to a 100% success rate.

I agree that Ethanol Free is probably the best option for those driven mad by the pump, but to tout it as the "reason" the pump chirps is premature at best.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote