Old 10-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
dem00n
Member of the year - 2016

Drives: Scion FRS
Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Scammers, everywhere.

Earlier this week me and my friend put on a bid on this car, a 1987 Nissan 300ZX, we were the only bidders and the car (Used my friends account) was going for $1850 with a rebuilit motor and etc.

The bid seemed fine, pretty good pictures, guy has a good eBay rating and there was no major issues at car from the listing. Using my account i asked him about the title and rust, all good.

Came Thursday and we won the bid, the only bidders and it was ours.

Buyer sent my friend a message about how he wanted to pay, we were going to reply back via phone. We called his "shop" number many times on that day, on my phone alone i have four calls sent to his shop. The next day my friend sent him a message via ebay. We also called again that day, this time there was no dial it was just sent to voice message and said we needed a password to do so. What kind of shop has a password for voice message? This sounds like a cell phone.

Come this morning i message him with my ebay account asking whats going and on and why he isn't replying to anything, even asked if this phone number was right. He states that he was traveling on Friday and that he never received any phone calls what so ever. Then claims that he doesn't wanna play any games and relists the listing.

Now it comes to the point, is he a scammer or just someone who doesn't give a shit? Sure, we could go pick it up but now it has just got to the point were it just awkward and its really fishy.

Sorry, i just needed to vent because we finally found a car we both like and won for once and we get BS in return.