Old 06-29-2022, 08:52 PM   #248
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: GR Corolla
Thanked 3,017 Times in 1,859 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
Nah youll be fast as hell in anything! Unless you’re alluding to tuning… This is generally a problem for me. Still I’ll give it a go if we do it (I feel bad for not doing 1st gen )

I remember in GT5 days going into lobbies I’d ham-fistedly tune my car up to max specs and not be competitive at all. Figured oh well I suck. GT6 quick match same thing… until I tried some of the events where you could only use a set selection of loaner vehicles. Found myself out front with surprising regularity! Turns out tuning can make worlds of difference and I was hopeless at it. Lots of tricks, unrealistic adjustments that would never be faster in real life. I learned just what I needed to be competitive. When GT Sport came it was different, I copied tunes but never really learned it. Haven’t bothered since.
Haha, I don't mind tuning. I'm not the best at it, and tune a car towards my racing preference (slightly over steer). I actually tend to get tuning mods rather than power assets in racing games.

Back with the original GT and GT2, I knew nothing about tuning cars. Shoot, I had never driven a car at that point yet. I played around with the different adjustments and figured out how each setting affected the car. Didn't really know the mechanics behind them, but just x affects the car in this or that way.

I don't really use group 1 and higher racing cars, so I'm not used to how they drive. Pretty sure I wouldn't be the fastest if we had to use those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Haha still required to use 86/BRZ. Just unlimited mods.
Ooooh, nice. Should be interesting. I'll have to actually mod mine then and get used to it. Haha
Kaotic Lazagna is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaotic Lazagna For This Useful Post:
fredzy (06-30-2022), ichitaka05 (06-29-2022)