DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,093 Times in 2,044 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by obaids123 View Post
Hey I’m looking into getting the cx kit, did you have any more pics of the ic piping and hour you routed it, and how you mounted the intercooler. Just hoping to get a rough game plan for how to tackle the install.
Once I do the full install I will be posting everything I had to do. You will need a few bolts from the hardware store, but I was able to mount it to the stock crash bar - it doesn't sit perfectly in the middle, it's offset to the right a little. In this configuration, you're also going to need to trim either the pipe leading to the throttlebody or the pipe that leads to that. As I said, when I get to the whole thing, I'll outline everything as best I can. I also removed my windshield washer fluid reservoir for now, it was in the way. I will list the exact specs of the bolts/nuts/washers I purchased to make it easier. I'm willing to bet that there's a level of variance between each kit produced, so yours may be worse than mine, or better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionsWrath View Post
Have you been to Palmer Motorsports Park? I liked that track even though i got black flagged. It wasn't completed and they said i kicked up a piece of gravel even though i never dropped a wheel. That was couple years ago it must be completed by now.

I don't envy you driving a turbo twin on those rock and ice covered VT roads. Good luck.
I haven't, I'd like to go at some point. It seems incredible, I just bomb around the Appalachian gap mostly ( Route 17 here in Huntington, knows as "Buels gore" ). I actually really enjoy the driving dynamic of the roads here. You're always being challenged to be observant and aware. This may be because I grew up driving snowmobiles without studs, so you needed to be crazy if you wanted to be fast. The worst part of the roads is the inevitable damage from kicking stuff up. I may put mudflaps on this year, I'm not used to a car that has such thin paint, my doors and are speckled white
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote