Will BRZ
Damn that's crazy...

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev0 View Post
Ok, thanks.

as far as your concerns go, I was taught to always drive as conservatively as possible to save on fuel. This means no launching, braking as little as possible, not adding too much throttle, etc.

The not go RPM's part is what I kinda taught myself. I know higher RPM's means more stress on your engine, since its reving high and makes your car louder. I may be wrong, for all I know. I associate high RPMs with car going faster. Feel free to correct me, I am always willing to learn more.
100% agree with @new2subaru. Have some fun with the car! Not saying to beat the sh!t out of it, but enjoy it for what it is. I have to say I do appreciate the fact that you take care of your cars. They aren’t cheap and money to fix them and to pay for fuel doesn’t fall from trees. However, you’ll rarely (if at all) hear horror stories about the engine blowing up when going above 3,000 RPMs.

How long have you had the car? I’d say definitely get comfortable with it in stock form and learn more about what you’re getting into with the supercharger. Once you get it, I’m sure MPG and low RPM will go right out the window lol They’re fun cars when pushed hard and I know the supercharger will make it that much more. Good luck!
Will BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote