Drives: Many types of cars in R&D.
Thanked 3,058 Times in 568 Posts
Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
@whataboutbob

I feel the Sports-i could handle quite a bit more tire than what I'm running (something that won't be prone to chunking after getting some heat into it) just how much I don't know. I'm hoping RS3s, ZIIs or RE-11As but would like to know what you think.
Yes, indeed the Standard Sports-i will be able to handle race tires as well, and damping forces can be raised on the original "Moto Spec" to accommodate a very tactile handling with it too. For learning and handling pleasure of track days, and autocross, drift-practice this original set is fine and is the easier setup to learn too. The transitional maneuvers are easier felt and control will be more predictable and gentler as well, compared to the new CR.

Again, the CR is re-calibrated to be quicker, sharper, and for much higher average grip level operation (with R compound priority), and as such it does tend to require a bit more skills of the driver to provide a more sharper and more accurate input as well as get feedback from more subtle motions quickly. That's the nature of going faster with CR, for those with skills, but such suspension isn't always quicker for other people, or those with street tires.
Consulting Member at Cusco, OEM+, RS-R.
www.club4ag.com
Moto-P is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moto-P For This Useful Post:
BatStig (11-26-2014), DAEMANO (11-20-2014)