humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,919 Times in 16,467 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsebuco View Post
Travel is IL > FL > AZ

TX dmv said I need to be present in person to request another copy of registration. Lolwot.

I haven't transferred over to IL because I'm only here for a total of 9 monrhs. I did pan to register in AZ but didn't realize the deadline.
As @Atropine mentioned ........play your military card.

"Out-of-State and Military Car Registration Replacement

In-state military members must follow the same procedures as civilians to replace car registration in person at a local county tax office. However, out-of-state military members and civilians need to contact the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles for information on how to proceed. Because replacing car registration in Texas can only be done in person at a Texas tax office, the DMV will have to determine whether their extenuating circumstances qualify them to replace vehicle registration by other means."

Save yourself a lot of grief ....... I suggest you register that puppy somewhere.....

After I returned from a tour in Germany, my car was purchased and registered in Germany and I had green "USA" plates.

I drove from NJ to CA and around CA for several months, with that registration and those plates.

Finally, I got tired of being stopped by LEO and explaining what the plates were ...... so, I registered the car in California.

How much longer will you be stationed in Illinois .... ??

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
carsebuco (04-15-2017)