View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 11:57 PM   #21
BaatLuk

Drives: Evo X
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
LOL it was 1974 and I had about $250 invested in the car. Would have cost me more for a tow than it was worth.

Everybody needs to remember that supply and demand still rules though. A guy getting the car for dirt cheap in Buttfukk Idaho where they have 10 and have sold 2 is not the same as the one in LA where there could be a waiting list.
Some regions may even be offering dealers incentives so they can sell cheaper while others don't. There is not a huge markup on this car and dealers are not going to sell at a loss and just because they won't doesn't mean they are ripping people off.

Comparing prices across the whole country can be deceiving and people should really stick to an area about 100 miles around them.
*heads to Buttfukk Idaho. Joking aside, last time I bought a car, I found a price paid thread and it really helped me land the best deal in town. I noticed what people were paying was lower than the lowest price listed on Truecar. I understand there are regional, seasonal differences and definitely supply and demand determines (almost) everything. I know not all dealerships are evil but I've also heard stories where some poor lady paid MSRP + markup for a base Altima with a 9% interest loan. Hence I put "Dealership/Geographical Area" there to give people an idea how much everyone else is paying in their area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
for this type of survey to be useful, it's almost better to create a form on Google Docs and share it publicly.
Great idea! I can certainly put together a public Google Sheet. However, my only concerns are people won't bother going to a separate page to enter the info and version controlling. If there is enough interest, I will go ahead and make one.
BaatLuk is offline   Reply With Quote