View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 01:23 AM   #824
tracerit

Drives: '13 SSM BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Going to throw out a bunch of questions :P

1. I've been an avid OFT user so the way Ecutek works is a bit confusing. There's mention that the CARB kit (with tuner) includes the Ecutek cable, dongle and tune. Is the dongle the license that's tied to the ECU?

2. If I end up leaving the BRZ and reselling the Edelbrock kit separately, what parts of the Ecutek tuner kit can be resold? Just the cable?

3. Is the Edelbrock 3 year warranty on the supercharger transferrable to the another user? I"ve only seen mention of the powertrain warranty which is not transferrable, but nothing regarding the supercharger unit.

4. Are there any other recommended upgrades one should make to accommodate the Edelbrock SC? I've read about maybe an upgraded clutch and oil cooler. I never launch my car or go WOT often and have 30k on my car now (why even get a SC then right? haha)

5. This was asked earlier but may have been glossed over, but are there any special maintenance required for the Edelbrock SC parts? Maybe check lines and hoses to make sure everything is tight and secure?

6. Is the belt snapping and hoses going loose pretty much the only two things that can go wrong with the kit that's user fixable?

7. Does @Counterspacegarage have a BRZ/FRS with the Edelbrock SC (or any SC really) that I can sit in to see what the improvement is like? And when I'm say two days out from making the purchase, possibly have a go behind the wheel to truly get the SC experience? :P To me, every car feels fast when I'm in the passenger seat.

8. @Counterspacegarage Is the Edelbrock kit charged CA sales tax? Didn't see it on the last checkout page of the CSG site so I'm hoping it's a chance to save ~$450

9. How is the Edelbrock shipped? I saw a pallet in one video, so is it by freight? Freight deliveries usually suck since there's never a guaranteed delivery time. I'm not located too far from Torrance, where Edelbrock is located (and assuming it's drop shipped), so hopefully it's something that can be scheduled.
tracerit is offline   Reply With Quote