Old 07-26-2018, 03:59 PM   #143
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Well after a couple of days working on my car, I'm finally done. But my clutch & shifter is all out of wack now

When I step in my clutch it just stinks to the floor and stays there. And my shifter is impossible to move into gear (except 3rd gear). Any ideas what the cause could be?

I did the slave cylinder swap that others are doing to improve clutch pedal feel, and when I tried to bleed the clutch, no fluid comes out when I pump the clutch pedal. It's stuck to the floor so u have to raise/press it by hand.

I didn't plan to do this clutch cylinder swap right away, but when I tried to install the original one, it was already broken.. the pin couldn't be pushed back into the cylinder no matter how hard I tried, there was something obstructing it on the inside.

It's just been a frustrating experience so far. Any suggestions on what could be wrong is greatly appreciated. It's the first major work I've done on my car besides basic maintenance/ brakes/fluids, so I'm not used to diagnosing problems like this.
If your clutch isn't disengaging (because you need to properly bleed the line) then clearly it's not going to go into gear. Will it go into gear while the engine is off?

Did you follow these directions for bleeding?
https://demos.starbase7.net/t3Portal...38726092437403

It's very important that while bleeding that you keep the fluid level between min/max. If it runs dry you are literally starting all over.

I also assume you didn't mess with anything related to the shifter on the inside of the car. If you did, it's possible you didn't get the reverse lockout lined back up properly.

I would also double check that you got the linkage under the car back together properly.

Regardless of what is wrong, don't stress out too much. There's really not much that can really go wrong here. Nothing that can't be fixed for free. You may need to buy more fluid but that's about it.
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote