View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 03:44 PM   #142
reeves

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermax View Post
I'm only annotating the parts of the video that aren't obvious. If you see something else in the video that you are unsure of let me know the timecode and I will look at it and annotate it.

Unbolt two bolts on the slave cylinder and push it to the side:

Unbolt ground wire and then disconnect 2 wiring connectors:

Mark prop shaft with paint pen or nail polish and then unbolt:

This car is already missing the anoying rubber boot. I sugest saving some hair and cutting this boot off with a knife:

Rotate locking tabs up on both sides of the linkage with a flat head and then slide the pins out. This one is hard to explain in words. You sort of have to put your hands on the linkage to understand it.:

Unbolt tranny. Do not worry it will not fall off. It is supported by the lower studs. There are 8 bolts total. Two of them run through the starter:

Pull the starter out and push it to the side. It will rest nicely on the over pipe. Make sure it's not going to fall in your face.:

Critical part I missed. Support the front of the engine so it doesn't tip forward. I used the jack from the trunk with a small 2x4 block and jacked from the water pump housing (not the actual pulley!).:

Pry the tranny off the lower studs. You may need to lift on the tail and you may also need to raise or lower the jack on the front of the engine so the studs aren't binding at all:
Well after a couple of days working on my car, I'm finally done. But my clutch & shifter is all out of wack now

When I step in my clutch it just stinks to the floor and stays there. And my shifter is impossible to move into gear (except 3rd gear). Any ideas what the cause could be?

I did the slave cylinder swap that others are doing to improve clutch pedal feel, and when I tried to bleed the clutch, no fluid comes out when I pump the clutch pedal. It's stuck to the floor so u have to raise/press it by hand.

I didn't plan to do this clutch cylinder swap right away, but when I tried to install the original one, it was already broken.. the pin couldn't be pushed back into the cylinder no matter how hard I tried, there was something obstructing it on the inside.

It's just been a frustrating experience so far. Any suggestions on what could be wrong is greatly appreciated. It's the first major work I've done on my car besides basic maintenance/ brakes/fluids, so I'm not used to diagnosing problems like this.
reeves is offline   Reply With Quote