Old 10-23-2015, 02:21 PM   #41
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltezza View Post

I understand that the JRSC was tuned about a year ago compared to the E Force which was ran and tuned pretty recently. I love both of these kits and I'm seriously stuck between the two(Thanks @CSG Mike), and I can't help but to notice that the power levels are very close. They both have close to the same peak HP and TQ. I been trying to trace the TQ curves with my mouse and idk if it's just me or it's too early in the morning but there TQ curve doesn't seem to be that much different either between the two.
I can help you.

The flatter curve is the Edelbrock, and the steeper curve is the Rotrex kits.

Ultimately, both kits, are limited by the 92 octane fuel. The Edelbrock's strength is manifested down at the lower RPMs, where it can build boost earlier, but the Rotrex's efficiency is manifested up top, where it makes more torque (and power) at the same level of boost.

The peak differences are that the Rotrex kits have about 20 lb/ft (~15hp) less at 3500 RPM, but have about 25 lb/ft (~30hp) more up top at 6500RPM.

I would confidently say that @Drift-Office can probably tune the Rotrex kits to not drop off up top at this point, given their experience.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
Alltezza (10-23-2015), BigFatFlip (10-23-2015), Freeman (10-23-2015), NotSoJDM (10-23-2015)