Old 10-23-2015, 09:52 AM   #31
bfrank1972

Drives: 2013 FR-S Argento
Thanked 1,039 Times in 616 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltezza View Post
I really don't wanna be that guy but I'm just comparing and trying to wrap my head around this.

I'm only comparing the TIY kits because I already have the ECUTEK hardware and I'll more than likely just buy a tune from Delicious Tuning. To be fair though if I was to compare the CARB/Factory Tuned kits the difference would be $400. JRSC still being the less expensive one.
Now back to the subject if the power band is basically very similar why would someone like me buy the E Force? Am I missing something here? Was the JRSC power achieved through a catless setup while the E force reached that power with only 1 cat (Stock OP and FP)
Really hard to compare direct numbers without lots more info. In general the only thing you can really compare is the shape of the torque curve. See how the Edelbrock is fairly flat below 5500 rpm? See how the Jackson unit tapers off below 5500? It's the nature of a centrifugal supercharger vs. a positive displacement unit. The Jackson dynos look like they're running 10 psi pulleys, I'm not sure what Bob is running on the Edelbrock or how much more headroom that unit has (I suspect it can be run with a smaller pulley but that has yet to be seen). Both are great, just different - the JR supercharger will give you more of a subtle rush to redline when you floor it at 3000 rpm. The Edelbrock unit will probably snap your head back more when you stomp it at 3000 rpm, will feel more like a big displacement motor under the hood. They're both nicely engineered units - to me I'd probably side with the Edelbrock unit for overall packaging and engineering.
bfrank1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bfrank1972 For This Useful Post:
Alltezza (10-23-2015)