Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,804 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
what's to be confused about?

Musk leaving CA is just fodder for the average person to hate California. It's no different than other auto makers going to another state, they have their own legitimate reasons but all you and I see are "these states are so much more business friendly than California" and not see what actually happens behind the scenes. At the end of the day, if Musk is going to start selling some of his personal gains from TSLA's stock price rise, he's better off in a state with no personal income tax. I have no problems with that if I made that much money in a year.

It's like all this recent talk about bringing chipmakers back into the US for manufacturing. Great... who the hell are going to man the factories? There aren't enough graduates with advance degrees in the US as-is, you think we can just grow people with education overnight?
If you go through the pages of this thread, you will find a lot of conversation about the exodus from California from companies to individuals. Specifically, Elon Musk was used as a reference for someone who wants to get away from taxes and regulations, but here he is calling for a regulation for higher carbon taxes. Yes, I get why that would favor his business model and why it would be good for getting us to a carbon neutral future, so I was just being snarky in reference to those earlier debates.