View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #14
DEC1

Drives: '10 Infiniti G37 (pre-ordered BRZ)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
quick review
Picked her up last night...again the white continues to amaze me. I was cleaning and detailing in the garage last night (no I didn't let the dealer do it) and my wife kept coming out to say how much she loves the SWP...she's almost as excited as I am...

Quick review (will try not to be repetitive to others) (I'm using as DD so many of my thoughts are based on that perspective)

The Good:
The handling is so quick I find myself turning too far inside the apex
I got off and on like 5 random highway ramps on my way home...because it's just that much fun
The thing is so eager to go, that keeping it below 4K is actually hard
The body shape is gorgeous and seems to get better the more you look at it...especially during washing and detailing...
The auto shifts faster than anyone could possibly do with a manual both by itself and/or with the paddles...sorry MT guys!

The Bad:
Road NOISE...is more than I hoped...anyone with a concern about this should take it on highway for test drive (I didn't and not sure it would have changed my mind but it is loud from tire noise...may look to correct with softer tires or possibly play with pressure a bit...it feels like those tires are made of stone
Along with that, the ride is rough...not agonizing but rough...the word that comes to mind is "purpose built" sports car...no excuses or accomodations made to creature comforts (or very few anyway)
The radio is not as good as the one I remember in pre-pro car that I sat in...maybe just needs some adjustment
This car needs steering wheel buttons...at least a minimal set
NO storage other than glovebox. I may need a man-purse....ummmm maybe not.

The Ugly:
Don't like the two holes (each side) in the rear wheel well on end of rear bumper fascia...what the hell were they for and why aren't they filled with grommets or something?
Tires hang way out over the edge of the rim...will minimize curb rash on rims but doesn't look great...and catches tire shine product

Not Bad but not Good either:
It requires a new method of changing lanes...it's all about the mirrors. Get 'em adjusted right or pay the body shop
It sounds great when revving above 3K...not great when below
I can't fight the sound recollection of my Dad's '65 VW Bug...when starting the engine up in the garage...but of course that's where the comparo ends
DEC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DEC1 For This Useful Post:
ydooby (06-06-2012)