View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 11:27 PM   #53
awdtuning

Drives: Subaru
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyO View Post
Same run as the video above ^^ from the stands.

Yay my video! lol
Keith & I got invited out by Ali Afshar to the Las Vegas Import Faceoff to participate in the Subaru Shootout (where we took home 1st place in the Subaru Street class with our 04 STi and 1st place in the Subaru Extreme class in our 2011 STi).
The night before the event we got to hang out with Ali, Nelson and Rob Rigoli and crew as the worked on the BRZ. Oh my, what an experience! Those guys are amazing at what they do and so much fun to hang with!
To confirm, this is a 6 cylinder twin turbo'd BRZ... Robert at Forced Performance did these guys good with what Rob Rigoli calls the Twin Super 94's. Ali and I talked about our experience with the FP 3794 on our 2011 Mexico STi. He was so excited to hear we made 709whp with no issues because that would mean that he could make 1400whp+ with his. Best line of the night was "I'd be very happy with only 1200whp..." lol ONLY lol

Rob and Nelson have been doing testing on the car all week. I am not aware of any official times being posted just yet but I know They will post as soon as they are available.

As for the track at IFO Las Vegas... The video I posted from the stands, that was Ali's first time out. The tire caught the back of the fender and it lit up lights on the dash so like any smart driver, Ali let off. They got the car fixed right up but wasn't fast enough for the track officials who decided to shut down the track as they were done (that's how it always goes, right lol)
Can't wait to see what they end up doing in this car. Last I read they said it was 1600whp IIRC. Can't wait to see this again when it comes to Texas!
awdtuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to awdtuning For This Useful Post:
MannyO (05-15-2013)