View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 01:32 PM   #2
fx1mark

Drives: red 2014 FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagfish View Post
Hi all- sorry if a similar post/question exists, but I was unable to find the answer searching through the posts, as most or all of the cam installs seem to involve wiring into the front panel under the steering wheel and/or using an upgraded head unit with a screen.. I went the cheaper route and bought an autovox m1 with a separate LCD screen mounted on my dash (only 30 bucks!).. Anyways, I'm just looking for you smarter folks to hopefully tell me that I got my wiring right..

The power for the camera has the standard +- red and black wire. The wires from the FRS going into the reverse bulb fixture are green and dark grey (not quite black).. I went ahead and tapped black into dark grey and red with the green wire.. It's all working so I think I'm good to go, but I just wanted to make sure I got it right and won't be doing any damage to the battery or anything if I have it reversed.. Would it even be working if I reversed it? Again, sorry if this has been covered- and thanks for any input!
no, it wouldn't work if the wires were reversed.
fx1mark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fx1mark For This Useful Post:
Hagfish (08-24-2017)