View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 07:00 PM   #17
SteveIsBored

Drives: 2013 subaru brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZnut View Post
Not sure if the specific Cam code can delineate between ECU cam issue and a mechanical issue of the cam. Maybe someone with more knowledge knows the answer.

Anyone know?
it looks like it's a cam and crank correlation code 18 and 19 are the different banks. The ecu expects the cam signal and crank signal wave forms to be at certain points at tdc. Most of the time this is a mechanical issue like timing chain slipped or bad vvt. If it were electrical like dead sensor u would see circuit output codes. As far as the tsb I didn't read it but it probably says replace the vvt and update ecu which means subaru softened the calibration with the software update. These aren't the only four cylinder engines with similar tsbs and issues with vvt

I just looked at the tsb and they actually show the wave forms captured from their data
Logging feature on their scanner that's a new one for me. And it looks like warranty pay times are listed at about five hours I would expect to pay 1.5 times that for customer pay and what ever the vvt cost

Last edited by SteveIsBored; 02-07-2015 at 07:33 PM.
SteveIsBored is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteveIsBored For This Useful Post:
woode (02-07-2015)