Old 06-24-2017, 02:50 AM   #76
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Well, let me drag up an old back-in-the-day story about a mothers concern over her son driving a machine.

It was a warm spring day, back on the farm in Ohio, and it was corn planting season. Due to late spring rains it was getting late in the season, so my father was in a big hurry.

Now, before the corn could be planted, the field had to be disked. So, at age 6 my father figured I was old enough to drive the steel wheeled tractor pulling a disk, in the same field just ahead of him planting the corn, with another tractor.

So, we have a 6 year old boy, sitting on top of a large tractor, who was too small to reach the clutch and had to see where he was going by looking along side the tractor, pulling a ground working tool called a disk.

My father set the gas, put it in gear, let out on the clutch and told be just to keep going up and down the field ahead of him. If anything happened, just push this black switch (the ignition switch). Then he jumped off.

Oh, was I in seventh heaven .....

Then my mother entered the scene ...... and screamed at my dad for letting her "baby" drive such a dangerous piece of equipment at such a young age.

Well, I punched the black button and waited till my dad "explained" the situation to my mother. She left in a huff, dad fired the tractor up, put it in gear, let the clutch out and jumped off. I finished the field ...... did not crash.

Yep, mothers sometimes have a hard time letting their babies go.

THE END
Perfection as always! Also on topic at constructive.
gramicci101 (06-24-2017), humfrz (06-24-2017), spike021 (06-24-2017)