Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alenknight View Post
so I just got a 2017 BRZ manual.
the car came with 2 tires 215/45/17
back tires are Michelin Primacy HP - and the tread is ... well they need to be replaced soon....

front tires are iMove Gen 2 AS

when I did a tire rotation... mannnnn it felt like I was hydroplaning. I live in Vegas... and on the highway.... with like 70 degree weather. horrible.

switched the tires back to original position (michelin in back)... and things are good again...

i'm DEF not a fan of these iMove tires... unless someone got any ideas what i'm misunderstanding?
I really hope it's not that Michelin tires are just that bad. based on cost, my bet is that it's these imove tires that are junk

so i'm thinking to move to some new tires... and michelin's are a bit pricey... replacing all 4 (since old ones are almost gone)... it'd be like $900....

would it be worth it over something like the BFG Sport Comp-2? I can get them for like $500.... almost half the cost... and I see good reviews on them.....

any opinions?

Whichever you decide to do, I say just get 4 of the same tires. I just replaced 2 tires last time I had a puncture and the car has felt unbalanced since.
DandoX is offline   Reply With Quote