Old 07-28-2015, 06:45 PM   #89
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,175 Times in 6,834 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxBrun0xx View Post
After owning a stock, stage 1, and now stage 2 BRZ, and having driven a 15 WRX, 11 Mustang GT, and a 15 Mustang Ecoboost, I have some thoughts.

1. The 5.0 is incredible. My 08 sti made 350 wtq, and above 3500 rpm, the thing was an animal. The 5.0 is an animal from idle to redline. It's very addictive and very smooth, and driving one is eye-opening.

2. The BRZ is special. Obviously, you all know this. It is definitely more than the sum of its parts. If you haven't gotten an OFT Stage 1 tune yet, I highly recommend. Really wakes the car up. Stage 2 is obviously faster, but my butt-dyno can't tell the difference, which was disappointing.

3. The 15 WRX is the most boring car of the bunch. I test drove one expecting to love it and was really let down. It sounds great on paper, but in person, it just doesn't feel special the way the Mustang GT and BRZ do. It feels like an econobox with a turbo.

4. Mustang Ecoboost is slightly more fun to drive than the WRX, but less than the BRZ. Stock, I prefer the V6 to the Ecoboost, but with a tune, I imagine the Ecoboost would be much better. Imagine if Subaru made a BRZ with +150 hp for +$5k, would be a no-brainer. That's what this feels like compared to the 5.0.

I've debated trading in the BRZ for a 5.0, but I just can't imagine giving up such an awesome car. Have convinced wife to take the BRZ when her Volvo bites the dust, at which point I'll pick up a 5.0.

Have no idea where the Fiesta ST sits, but would love to test drive one. Have heard nothing but good things, and seems like they pick up a lot of power with a tune.
No GT350?
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote