View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 01:17 PM   #7
KnightRyderx2

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I believe to the majority its a looks thing. Then there are the minority out there that will lower the car for performance. To the looks crowd there is alot of sacrifices they will make to look good, like your Cusco experience, they are fine with it. In terms of suspension the 86 was designed very well, its not perfection but its pretty good. The stock suspension is very well balanced and has just a few compromises. In terms of upgrading for performance the choice of suspension is even more difficult with this car. Also it needs to setup perfectly to out perform the stock suspension.

I'm coming from a 2013 Camry, you wanna talk about wheel gap, damn. I had to drop it to get it to that nice even gap around the wheels.

There are times Ill walk out to my FRS and the wheel gap will strike me and Ill think Its pretty good already but still needs flush wheels. Then Ill see a picture or one about town that is lowered and think damn this car looks good lowered with some flush wheels. I'm pretty sure I'm more part of the looks crowd.

In terms of a super car/hyper car they will have all types of active suspension and active aero dynamics that changes as the car goes faster or brakes harder or takes a corner at .5g vs. 1g. The height will change according to what the car is doing and what the setting from the cockpit. The down force alone generated by the aero will drop the car as it goes faster. Also, when it comes to super car/ hyper car there is no compromises, its straight performance and tons and tons of R&D went into making that stance perfect.
KnightRyderx2 is offline   Reply With Quote