View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 07:59 PM   #4
Elmacanite

Drives: 2013 FRS Base, Whiteout, 6-Speed
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
This is highly dependent on your goals. The twin disc car I've driven was ruthless. An on/off switch that I couldn't imagine daily driving in.

I had the Exedy stage 1 clutch, it held the 260wtq (330whp) I was making, and it drove like stock with a little better clutch pedal feel.

A lot of people buy the ACT clutches, so you'll see good and bad there- I see a lot of Subarus running them that don't have issues after a proper install and break-in.

I would leave your perfectly functioning stock crank pulley alone.
I have no qualms with a lightweight flywheel, but it requires more delicate clutch control when taking off from a stop, and you'll lose your engine braking.
Decide your goals for torque before contemplating your supporting mods- a lot more goes into supporting more than 260wtq "safely" than say 200-200wtq.

If your clutch is actually wearing out, I would get the Exedy stage 1 to replace it. It's pretty cheap and will hold decent power. It won't inconvenience you at the least

Be prepared before you do your forced induction, but don't stagger your installations; get it all done in one go, so you can troubleshoot issues all at once.
All of that is perfect info! Appreciate the response, and it looks like the Exedy will be the go-to option until I try and start putting serious power down. I was worried about the twin disc affecting the engagement, but having never used one I had no real way to know what it would do.
As far as my torque goals...I'm not looking to go insane in any case, even if I do end up with lottery level money somehow
More just trying to get that extra "oomf" out of it for spirited daily driving and the occasional track day without compromising the dependability of the vehicle any more than is necessary. Thinking maybe a maximum of 300 at the crank but even that would be much farther into the build process. That's like the end goal for power and not the starting point.
Elmacanite is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Elmacanite For This Useful Post:
DarkPira7e (07-27-2020)