Old 12-27-2020, 12:45 AM   #4006
jkamelo
[jay-kuh-meh-low]

Drives: 2016 FRS RS2.0 #293
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDan View Post
Why rule out lowering springs? RCE Yellows or Tarmacs, Swift Sport or Spec-R, with Bilsteins is a great setup IMO! Loving mine on street and at the track. Honestly, though damping is not adjustable I think they have a better combination of high/low and rebound/compression than my Ohlins Road & Track coilovers on my FD RX-7. REally...

For coilovers, I'd go with CSG or RCE recommendations, but for your usage lowering springs + Bilsteins is IMO a solid option.

You can do better than Neo Gen I'm sure. Do you need all-seasons? Tire choice is super important, check out tire tests and reviews at Tire Rack.com to figure out what's gonna work best for you. For track, it'd be good if you stick with either the Extreme Performance or Maximum Performance Summer tire categories.

I’d rather have the adjustability of coilovers and not need it than be stuck with lowering springs and want to upgrade down the line. Plus I just think they’re cool!

I also decided to go with the Pilot Sport 4 A/S because while it doesn’t snow here often, it does get cold and I don’t want a summer compound that will turn to brick on a cold day.

Thanks for your advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflogerzi View Post
Neither of those are solid. For use I think the lower costs of SS1 by RCE would fit nice. You get camber plates, plus a good OEM (KW)

Remember don't forget install costs, alignment costs. Its not a cheap thing to do so do it right once. What year is your FRS?
Thoughts on the SS1 vs. the CSG Flex A? I’m between those two.

I figured I’d install them myself then get them aligned professionally. It’s a 2016.