View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 08:14 PM   #1226
Quentin

Drives: ‘16 4Runner, ‘19 Corolla HB
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willpower View Post
Man I wish I felt like you do! I truly don’t like the design though. I’ve tried and actually look at it frequently hoping it will grow on me, but I just think it was poorly executed in a lot of ways. I like that it has functional venting and the power train sounds like a good improvement, so there are things I like. I just am really underwhelmed by the aesthetics. I can’t find an angle I like at all. Having said that though, and I’ve said many times, I’m glad other people do and I hope it sells well.
I’ve always been in the same boat with the Miata. There’s just never been a generation of that car that I liked, so I’ve never owned one. Don’t even like the ND. I like the front but think the rear is a train wreck to my eye.
It’s really an individual thing, looks. I love my MR2 Spyder, and a lot of people hate that car. Honestly I’m underwhelmed by a stock MR2 as well, but lower it and it’s a pretty sharp little car. And with under 2200 lbs and the mid-engine drivetrain, damn it’s like you’re wearing the MR2 more than any other car I’ve owned. I love my S2000 and my 17 pp BRZ too, but the 2022 BRZ just doesn’t please my eye. Maybe the 86 will, but I sorta doubt it. I do hope it sells well though. Thankfully for the 2022, I’m only one guy and nobody at Subaru or Toyota cares what I think , and rightfully so.

2ZZ swapped MR2 Spyder has been tempting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quentin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Quentin For This Useful Post:
daiheadjai (12-15-2020), T-Steve (12-14-2020), Willpower (12-14-2020)