Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,907 Times in 16,461 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
OK, you got it.

* almost falling out of the grain bin of an Ag-Cat

A little background. Up in the rice country of California, they seed pre-germinated rice seeds by plane into flooded rice fields.

One fine day, during the rice seeding season I was up in Biggs, CA doing some research at the Biggs Rice Research Station. The manager saw I was intrigued by the rice seeding planes working near the rice station, so he took me over for a visit.

A pilot asked me if I wanted to take a ride. I said yes, but where do I sit - it looked to be a one place plane. He said just jump into the seed bin (just forward of the pilot) and hang on. He said he had just a couple of bushels left in the hopper so it would be a short flight, just to empty the hopper.

OK, we took off and he opened the grain shoot. THEN he rocked the plane from side to side at about 90 degree angles. Now THAT made my pennie tingle and I thought he was doing it just to scare me. Well, he did do that!

When we got back on the ground I asked him WHY he did that to me. He calmly replied he was just rocking the plane to settle the remaining grain down to the center of the bin so it would empty completely out.

THE END
Attached Images

humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Spuds (05-23-2023), Ultramaroon (05-23-2023)