View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 01:30 PM   #44
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,144 Times in 1,989 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I honestly didn't expect much from a Subaru when it came to interior when I first got my BRZ. I also share a 2019 Mazda 3, which costed the same as the BRZ, but with a miles away better interior. Just too distracting at times, and in contrast, that's how I would describe the interior of both 1st gen and 2nd. Simple. Driver focused.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with comparing both gens, that is the purpose of the thread after all. Opinion, on taste, will always be biased. Being that this is a 86/FR-S/BRZ forum, it is to be expected when I tell someone that my BRZ is better looking than an 86, and accept the FR-S is better looking than my BRZ. I am biased because I went for looks, and preference on looks is about taste, so of course I would think I have the better looking car, because that is my taste.

That's why I was so disappointed on the 2GEN BRZ, because it just looks awful, and that is my personal assessment. I don't hate the 2nd gens because I think the GR86 looks gorgeous. I can admit they improved a lot of things, but I'm sure that if I was to drive a new gen, there would be things I would miss from the older gen, and love about the new gen. If someone told me, here, this new BRZ is yours, I would take it... straight to a Toyota dealership and trade it for the new one.
PBR (05-05-2022)