Wheels for Brains

Drives: '14 FR-S [37J] | Daily/Track
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by X25 View Post
Thanks for your input!

Rear LCA: I should note here that I'm trying to avoid rear LCA mod, since it will revert the new wheel rate and geometry of '22+ BRZ back to the previos gen's, and the LCA camber adjustment puts more stress on the axle, etc.; UCA adjustment avoids these issues.

Toe link: Hmm, perhaps I should consider canceling the rear toe link until I really see a need. It's pretty expensive, too.

Spring rates: I don't know much about the spring rates for this platform, but the rates I picked are at the highest end of the rates the coilover manufacturer recommended. I also remember someone else mentioning rear becoming too stiff with anything above 600, so perhaps this is a good compromise. I suppose we'll have to see.

Sway bars: I'd love to wait on it as well, and perhaps use the budget for it on race seats : )
Read your original post wrong. With Rear Upper Control Arms, you might want to keep the toe link because the geometry is more closely related when adjusting from the top.
  • SPL Rear Lower Control Arms have multiple holes to position the strut. I think one might correspond closely to the mounting point on the gen2. That being said, the difference in motion ratio between gen1 and gen2 is not that significant: https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...35&postcount=4
  • I think both piece parts can achieve the same camber goal. Most people go for the lower arm due to lower cost and ease-of-install

Did you communicate with the manufacturer the type of tire you would be using?
EndlessAzure is offline   Reply With Quote