View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 07:03 PM   #12
saltywetman

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT 6M
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Wow are they late to the party. There have been many 2020 reviews out since the middle of last year.
The small improvements do make it a better car stock. Sure you can mod more but not all mods make the car better for anybody but the guy that modded.
LOL at all the “buy used” dudes. You do realize that somebody has to buy new ones for there to be used right? Anybody that screams only buy used at everybody can just shut the hell up when the next model comes out and it isn’t what you like. You forfeited your right to complain when all you buy is used.
The only side/downgrade in the 2020 i'm sure you would agree with will likely be the sound system lol. Still looking for any trace of bass over here. Best I could manage was to not use android auto which launches my music player app to play music.

Instead, just use the bluetooth connection to utilize the head unit to simply act as a bridge to the speakers which allows the head unit's sound settings to be in effect. And using the software equalizer from the music player app on my phone does next to nothing and would even distort the music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3rdSun View Post
The old wheels are much,much worse,but paying an extra $3100 for them is almost criminal. You could get a better looking set of aftermarket wheels and tires for much cheaper.
Think of the extra $3100 as going towards the Brembo brakes and sachs dampers and it becomes an easier pill to swallow.

But yes, up here in canada, it's literally a $3100 extra for a set of ugly wheels. I just tell myself i'm paying more for the toyota badging for my own stupid nostalgic reasons
saltywetman is offline   Reply With Quote