View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 10:46 AM   #7
Kouki86

Drives: 2017 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvoll View Post
I had the same notion, and I was extremely surprised. Yes, I checked the tire pressures and am running 225's square. Again, after driving Porsches for so many years, perhaps I'm just more sensitive to the change. If I hadn't driven the car before the change, it would probably seem acceptable as it changes the nature of the car as it feels heavier. But I have driven the car and I just prefer the "light and fun" feel of the car. If this heavier feel was the way the car came from the factory, I would have purchased an MX-5 or Cayman.
Did you put the tires and spacers on at the same time? Stickier tires would make the biggest difference in how the car feels. The stock tires like to slide a lot, and are pretty stiff, which makes it feel like it has extremely sharp handling. Stickier rubber may make it feel like it handles worse, but actually allows you to corner faster due to the extra grip.

Also, how hard were you pushing it that you experienced severe understeer? To me, severe is when you turn your steering wheel, but keep plowing straight ahead. I feel like you're probably just feeling a bit more body roll now that the tires are sticking to the ground significantly more than the primacys were.
Kouki86 is offline   Reply With Quote