new2subaru
Weight Weenie

Drives: 15 FR-S
Thanked 2,330 Times in 1,346 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJones_RB View Post
I have the same problem in the rear. At first I thought it was the weak stock mount for the sway bar so I installed Whiteline's mount brace, but that did nothing. It might be the end links binding on the lower control arm. I might try greasing them up real good and adding some slip washers. Good luck!
Alright. I went over the whole suspension today. I found a nut loose of my front WL end link and tightened that. That did the front. Bouncing the car up and down and I had zero noise form the front.

I re-installed the rear bar without end links and greased that crap out of the bushings. The still squeaked as I rotated the bar...I pulled it off again and notice a bit of material sticking out from the edge of the bushing. I found an inner sleeve that appeared to have not been formed correctly when made. I looked that the other side and saw the same thing. These are the new greaseless bushings but all of the area wasn't covered by this sleeve. I used a file and needle nose and removed the sleeves completely. I took the whole assembly apart including the end links. I regreased the bushings and used Break-free CLP-4 everywhere.

So far, I'm only getting a minor squeak/bind when going up a driveway/incline. I'm very happy and hope it stays this way! If not, I'll order new bushings. The rear bar makes a huge difference.

ETA: NOISE CAME BACK WITHIN A WEEK
Attached Images

Last edited by new2subaru; 10-24-2020 at 05:59 AM.
new2subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to new2subaru For This Useful Post:
MJones_RB (10-17-2020), RToyo86 (10-17-2020)