View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 06:00 PM   #1907
wireman957

Drives: 2015 FR-S MT Steel
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
I fear McLaren will not be that good. Better than the last few years, but still below the top three.

I think if they finish 4th it will be a successful season.
Considering they finished 10th last year, yes 4th would make it a successful season! That would mean they finished above at least one other Renault powered team. It looks like, from this weekend, Haas might be a serious wrench in the spokes of more than a couple of teams. After over-performing last year, I predict Force India is going to have trouble keeping up unless their recent upgrades really make a difference.

It would be great if Alfa helped Sauber move up into the mid-field, but with their drivers and budget, that might be a stretch.

After this weekend, with two basically rookie drivers, an as-yet unproven Honda PU, and not much of a developmental budget, I fear Toro Rosso is bound to be a repeat of the last three years of McLaren, only quite possibly worse.

Personally, I think that as McLaren continues to fine-tune the Renault PU (assuming better reliability than last season), it wouldn't really surprise me to see Alonso challenging the Red Bull boys on a continuous basis.

Just my 2-cents worth...

Last edited by wireman957; 03-24-2018 at 06:05 PM. Reason: additional deep thoughts and resplendent opinions...
wireman957 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wireman957 For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (03-24-2018), strat61caster (03-25-2018)